Torre Campese is located on a rock surrounded by crystalline water, framed by ancient walls with a medieval walkway bridge connecting to the rest of the island.
As the largest circular tower in the Tyrrhenian sea, it was used to sight Moorish pirates, having been built for that purpose in 1600 by Ferdinando de Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany.
A Mediterranean garden lies within the tower walls. Our guests are met by individual essences and perfumes which vary depending upon the season:
pink tamarisks in spring, white pittosporum in May, violet bougainvillea in summer, Mediterranean pine, palm trees, oleanders, carob trees, rubber plants and a great variety of flowers and succulents.